AndroiDAQ© Data Acquisition for Android™ tablets and phones
Custom circuit board using Controlled Capture System's AndroiDAQ.
This board supports 9 sensors and is both USB and Bluetooth connectable.
AndroiDAQ is a complete data acquisition (DAQ) and digital input/output controller circuit with programmable I/0 ports designed to be used with USB, Android™, and other Blue-tooth serial systems. It is the same circuitry that we use in our new AndroiDAQ Development Module. With AndroiDAQ you are no longer required to be tethered to a laptop or desktop system for field data collection, robotics, and motion control. AndroiDAQ is completely customizable for hardware interfacing and internal firmware operation. If configured for 12-volt DC operation, AndroiDAQ can be battery or solar powered. AndroiDAQ can be equipped with Bluetooth™ connectivity to allow you to collect field data wirelessly from up to 100 meters* with your Android device. The AndroiDAQ circuitry can be customized in a multitude of configurations by utilizing these built-in design features:
- 23-channels**, of programmable I/O for use as:
- Digital input/output
- Frequency synthesis, frequency measurement, and pulse counting
- Pulse width modulation, typically used to control servos or brushless DC motors
- RX/TX lines to control Servo Controllers
- and more
- 8-channel 12-bit resolution ADC for voltage level sampling and threshold detection
- Built-in expandable micro-SD memory storage to store and retrieve data or log readings
- Blue-tooth connectivity (Class 1 or Class 2 radio) for up to 3 Mbps (Megabits per second) data rate at distances up to 100 meters*
- USB connectivity for desktop or laptop control and operation
- Built-in Real Time Clock with battery backup for time-stamp inclusion with data and log readings
- I2C and SPI bus device compatibility
- 12-volt, or lower, DC input power, battery or AC powered via power supply converter
- Low power consumption circuitry, perfect for battery or solar powered applications
- Light weight and very portable design, can be weatherized for harsh environments
- Internal firmware and hardware are easily customizable for your application
- OEM final design can be very low cost for quantity production
- Utilizes Android™, Java™, or LabVIEW™ GUI for easy to understand User Interface
- AndroiDAQ circuitry can be used for:
- Robotic and automaton control
- 3D Printing, CNC machining, Pick and Place, and other linear motion device
- Weather, earthquake, and other natural occurrence studies
- Field instrument and data collection studies
- Automation, instrument and process control
- and more...
* choice of internal or external antenna designs
** specification may change without notice
- Designed and manufactured in the USA
Read the specifications and learn more about our AndroiDAQ Development Module and its capabilities here.
to discuss how the AndroiDAQ© for Android™ circuitry can save you money for your data acquisition needs in your next project.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 19 November 2013 15:05
Written by Rick Fluck